Tasty Honey Treats
Simone, one of our customers recently shared one of her favourite recipes with me. As often happens, when trying something new, I add and make changes to use ingredients on hand. You too, can experiment using some of your favourite nuts and seeds.
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup Brazil nuts
- ⅓ cup cashews
- 1 cup coconut
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups chopped dates
- 3 tbsp cocao or cocoa, or carob
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 3 tablesp. peanut butter
- 2 tablesp. honey
- Place coconut oil, peanut butter and honey into a small saucepan and gently heat through.
- Place all other ingredients into a food processor, and blend together well.
- Pour the gently warmed ingredients into the processor and blend all well together.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a little more softened coconut oil.
- If mix seems too sticky, add more coconut, or put mixture in the fridge for ½ hour then roll.
- Roll into snack sized balls.
- Store in a sealed glass container in the fridge.