Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- 1½ cups finely ground almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2-3 tablesp. liquid honey or 2 tablesp. honey and 1 tablesp. raw sugar
- 1-2 teasp. cinnamon
- 100 g butter or coconut oil
- Stewed apples or a mix of both feijoas and apples (*)
- No sweetening needed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon is a nice option
- * Just apples of course are fine. At this time of the year when feijoas are plentiful, they make a tasty addition to the apples – all unpeeled of course!
- Wash and core apples, and slice. Cook gently, with a small amount of water.
- When almost tender add the unpeeled sliced feijoa and simmer a few minutes.
- Cinnamon may be added (optional).
- Prepare the topping:
- Combine all dry ingredients in food processor or by hand.
- Add butter or oil, and honey + sugar if desired.
- Process until a nice lumpy topping is formed.
- Spoon topping over hot fruit.
- Bake 20-25 minutes 180˚C.
Tasty alternative: You can place the topping on top of the cold, cut-up, uncooked fruit if desired and cook for a longer period at a slightly lower temperature, until fruit is tender and topping lightly browned. This dessert is delicious served with dairy-free Frozen Banana Ice-cream.