Uncooked Chocolate Fudge
(I prefer to use organic when possible)
- 1 cup dates
- 1 whole orange
- 1 cup almonds [*see next section for nut preparation]
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp coconut oil virgin, unheated
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup carob powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Chop up dates and soak in squeezed orange juice for 10-15 minutes.
- Place almonds and coconut in food processor, and process to a fine meal.
- Add chopped dates and orange juice and process till blended.
- Cut up the remaining skin and pulp of the orange and add to the mixture.
- Blend well.
- Add coconut oil and honey, carob powder, cinnamon and vanilla essence. Blend this mixture by hand if it is too stiff for the processor.
- Press mixture into a shallow dish and score into small pieces.
This delicious treat can be stored for weeks in the freezer.