Self-Saucing Honey Pudding
- 650 grams butter
- 1.5 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2-3/4 cup milk
- 1/4-1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 tbsp honey a dark honey is delicious
- Melt butter, remove from heat and add flour, *baking powder, and egg.
- Mix with milk to make a firm dough.
- Place in a greased steam pudding basin.
- Heat all ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan until blended.
- Pour over dough.
- Cover basin, place in a saucepan with boiling water and steam for 1/2 to 3/4 hour.
- Run knife around the edge of basin and tip out into a serving dish (with sides)
- * make your own baking powder by mixing together 2 parts of Cream of Tartar to 1 part of baking soda. Make a larger amount than needed and store in a small jar.